  • From: Einar Stefferud <Stef=i18n@nma.com> <Stef=i18n@nma.com>
  • Date: 21 Jun 96 20:52:07
  • Subject: e: Using unicode or MBCS characters in forms
  • To: ww-international@w3.org
From Gavin Nicol's message Sat, 22 Jun 1996 02:49:48 GMT:
}
[snip][snip]
}
}There are ways of dealing with this (use UTF-7, or MIME
}techniques).  In reality, this layer should largely be transparent to
}users...
}

It is interesting that MIME offers a fair number of useful ways to
deal with these labeling problems, but that somehow HTTP does not
easily accept the use of MIME as it is specified.

I hope that at least the instances of http omitting the "Content-"
part of MIME header tags (e.g., Transfer-Encoding) has been solved in
http 1.1 or 1.2.

(NO!  I am not trying to start another food fight;-).
(I am just lamenting how little omissions caause big problems!)

In the meantime, MHTML WG is trying to provide a clean MIME envelope
for tranismssion of native HTML...

Cheers...\Stef