Out of office

From: Hiro Yoshioka <HYOSHIOK@us.oracle.com>
Date: 21 Jun 96 21:14:25 -0700
To: www-international@w3.org
Hi,

I am out of office to have a business trip to Japan. Please contact to Bill
Maimone.

Regards,
   Hiro
--
Hiro Yoshioka, Server Technologies, Oracle Corporation
mailto:hyoshiok@us.oracle.com (English only/office)

attached mail follows:

From Gavin Nicol's message Sat, 22 Jun 1996 02:49:48 GMT:
}
[snip][snip]
}
}There are ways of dealing with this (use UTF-7, or MIME
}techniques).  In reality, this layer should largely be transparent to
}users...
}

It is interesting that MIME offers a fair number of useful ways to
deal with these labeling problems, but that somehow HTTP does not
easily accept the use of MIME as it is specified.

I hope that at least the instances of http omitting the "Content-"
part of MIME header tags (e.g., Transfer-Encoding) has been solved in
http 1.1 or 1.2.

(NO!  I am not trying to start another food fight;-).
(I am just lamenting how little omissions caause big problems!)

In the meantime, MHTML WG is trying to provide a clean MIME envelope
for tranismssion of native HTML...

Cheers...\Stef