Re: Using unicode or MBCS characters in forms

Gary Adams - Sun Microsystems Labs BOS wrote:

> (Today, I installed GB fonts on my system for the first time and was pleased
> with the results I saw on the screen, but I was appauled by the need to set
> character encoding preferences in my browser's property sheets. )

Yes, it is a pity that servers still do not send out the charset
parameter. Our servers do send it out if configured to do so. Maybe we
need to make it easier for the server administrators to configure the
charset, perhaps with more automation. However, many people are using
other servers. These people need to be educated too.

Erik