Re: Using unicode or MBCS characters in forms

From: Albert Lunde <Albert-Lunde@nwu.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 10:43:12 -0500
To: Jake Harris <JMHX.DSKPO33C@dskbgw1.itg.ti.com>
Cc: <www-international@w3.org>
>Is it possible to post (for example) Kanji characters using
>an HTML form?  Can you use cgi/wincgi/nsapi/isapi scripts to
>read this localized input?

I think the specs for form-based file upload (RFFC1867) defined an alterate
encoding for web forms multipart/formdata that allows specifying the
charset . This is referenced in the draft on HTML internationalization as
one of two ways to transmit form data in arbitrary character encodings.

But I don't know what client or server software is actually capable of
using these protocols.

    Albert Lunde                      Albert-Lunde@nwu.edu