RE: rechartering issue #1

 -----Original Message-----
> From: Ultan.OBroin@oracle.com [mailto:Ultan.OBroin@oracle.com]

> I'd like to see some attention given to how web content is
> structured so
> that translated versions can be easily sorted linguistically.
>
> Right now there is NO way to alphabetically sort HTML content
> except to
> load it into a HTML editor and let a translator move the
> content about,
> edit redundant entries and add required ones, depending on
> the language.
> The dangers and costs involved are obvious.
>
> In theory one might use the <xsl:sort> element as in XML
> combined with a
> language attribute - unfortunately, right now it doesn't work too
> well...:)

Hi Ultan,

The following focus areas were identified at the Workshop:

>- Guidelines, best practices
>- Distributed services (e.g. exchanging locale/collation info)
>- Education & Outreach
>- Localizability
>- Existing work (reviews, character model, liaisons)

From your description above, I'm having trouble figuring out which of
these areas your suggestion fits into. Based on the headings alone, I'd
guess "Distributed Services" however the discussions at the session
itself really didn't broach the issue you raise, so I'm wondering if
you'd see this as something falling into a separate category. And if so,
what would you call such a category, and would other issues also be
included in it?

(Perhaps Martin or Misha can also comment about whether additional
categories would be considered at this time.)

Thanks for the clarification,

Suzanne Topping
stopping@bizwonk.com