GUIDELINES: RE: Guidelines team

Thanks to all those who responded to my query about interest in guidelines.
For your information, the people who expressed a particular interest in the
guidelines discussion where (in order of response):
Arnold Winkler
Yves Savourel
Martin Duerst
Sumanth Muthyala?
Teresa Mulvihill
Andrea Vine
Tex Texin
Tony Graham?

As stated in the email Martin sent out a few minutes ago, our immediate task
(during the month of March) is to generate further discussion/proposals
about what kind of guidelines the WG should be chartered to develop.  What
would the guidelines be about?  How should we produce them?  Who should we
address them to, and why?  etc.

I think it will help to focus on deliverables we could get to grips with in,
say, a calendar year - ie. pick some of the key priorities.

I think it would be *very* helpful for everyone to begin by looking at the
WAI activity pages, and read their guidelines.  I think we should try to
work closely with the WAI people on this, if possible, rather than invent a
separate solution.  See http://www.w3.org/WAI/

Also, if you know people who have experience in this area who could
contribute, please let the list know who they are so that perhaps we could
solicit their help.

I look forward to a lively discussion.

Best regards,
Richard.

Richard Ishida
Globalisation Consultant,
International Document & User Interface Design
Xerox GKLS
tel: +44 1707 353395 (Voicemail always available)
http://www.xerox-emea.com/globaldesign/