RE: Discussions on www-i18n-workshop@w3.org

Hi Misha,

I probably wasn't clear before, but I would be *ecstatic* to invest time into the areas I proposed on this list, even significant amounts of time. I am an employee of webMethods, a member of W3C, and have offered to forward the appropriate credentials at an appropriate time to join the IG or WG.

I am specifically interested in working on only a few things because like many of us I am busy with a lot of other things. To reiterate, I would like to work on:

1. A definition for the creation and interchange locale tags, including custom locale tags, for use on the web and in XML.
2. Locale negotiation in web services (generally SOAP and WSDL).
3. Language negotation in web services (generally SOAP and WSDL).
4. Locale tagging of content in XML.
5. Locale negotation in HTTP.

I actually think that the above could be dealt with in about three RFCs, which I would be willing to write the initial draft of and work on with others under the aegis of W3C-I18N. This work would then need to be combined with work done with other groups working on the affected broader standards (#2 and #3, for example, might need to take the results of #1 and work within the context of the web services standards WG).

Let me know how to proceed.

Best Regards,

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Globalization Architect / Manager, Globalization Engineering
webMethods, Inc.  432 Lakeside Drive, Sunnyvale, CA
+1 408.962.5487 (phone)  +1 408.210.3659 (mobile)
Internationalization is an architecture. It is not a feature.