RE: Reply to "[Comment on ITS WD] Attributes missing?"

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 22:24:24 +0900
To: public-i18n-its@w3.org, Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>, "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>, www-i18n-comments@w3.org

Hi Richard, all,

Sorry for the late reply to your comment. Here is another version of the
ITS markup overview. Do you think it
implements your concern? See
http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html#its-markup-summary
.

Regards, Felix.

Richard wrote:

I think the edited text doesn't reflect what I was expecting, after our
discussions.

The current text now lists elements that can appear locally along with a
sublist of the attributes that each element supports.

The request as I understood it was to list, in addition to the elements that
can appear locally, the attributes that can appear locally on any element
etc. )

I think you have that list (repeated 5 times over) already in the text.

I would suggest you have a single set of bullet points that includes the
names of elements and also the attributes. Eg.

-	<span> ....
-	<rb> ....
-	<ruby> ...
-	translate ....
-	locNote ...
-	locNoteType ...

and mention briefly that the elements mentioned can carry all the attributes
listed themselves.

RI

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead