Re: [Comment on xml-i18n-bp WD] 2.3 meta vs. non-meta

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 20:57:16 +0900
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Cc: www-i18n-comments@w3.org, elharo@metalab.unc.edu
Hi Richard, Elliotte,

I agree with what Richard said. Just one additional comment on a remark
from Elliotte.

[...]

>> The alt attribute is a really good example. This really
>> should be an attribute for every reason *except*
>> internationalization.

It should not be an attribute, to be able to attach any kind of meta
information. For example, to my knowledge RDF/A, see
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xhtml-rdfa-primer-20060310/ , does not
allow for specifying meta information about attributes.

IN XHTML2, there is no @alt attribute, see
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/mod-image.html#edef_image_img .

Hope that helps,

Felix