[Comment on ITS WD] Example 19 xml:lang

From: <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 20:39:03 +0000
To: www-i18n-comments@w3.org, public-i18n-core@w3.org

Comment from the i18n review of:

Comment 46
At http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0606-its/
Editorial/substantive: S/E
Owner: RI

Location in reviewed document:

Should this be identified by global rules as language information? If not, we should explain why in the language information data category section.

FS: The current definition 6.7.1. says "The element langRule is used to express that a given piece of content(selected by the attribute langPointer) is used to express language information as defined by [RFC 3066bis]." I would add a note saying

"Applying this data category to xml:lang attributes does not make sense since xml:lang is already defined interms of RFC 3066 or its successor". If that would address your concern, please add it to your comment.

I18n: We propose a slight alteration to the above:

Applying the langRule data category to xml:lang attributes using global rules is not necessary, since ...