[Comment on ITS WD] Hard to know what this is about

From: <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 20:28:25 +0000
To: www-i18n-comments@w3.org, public-i18n-core@w3.org

Comment from the i18n review of:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-its-20060518/

Comment 23
At http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0606-its/
Editorial/substantive: E
Owner: RI

Location in reviewed document:
6.8.1

Comment:
The definition of flow of content as 'representing how the nodes of the element should be treated as a single unit for linguistic purposes' is not only hard to read, but doesn't tell me anything about its intended use. Could we be talking about identifying noun phrases?

I think we are talking about identifying translation unit segmentation breaks. If this is the case, please make that clear. I think people reading this could be either unclear about its intent, or misunderstand in such a way that it is implemented for all sorts of uninteroperable structural definitions of the content.