[Comment on ITS WD] Marks terms and meanings

From: <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 20:24:55 +0000
To: www-i18n-comments@w3.org, public-i18n-core@w3.org

Comment from the i18n review of:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-its-20060518/

Comment 17
At http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0606-its/
Editorial/substantive: E
Owner: RI

Location in reviewed document:
6.4.1

Comment:
"The terminology data category is used to mark terms."

Surely, as a definition, this must say 'The terminology data category is used to mark terms and associate them with definitions'?

FS: You will see at http://www.w3.org/TR/its/#terminology-markup that you can use the terminology data category for just identifying terms. All attributes for adding further information (e.g., but *not only* about definitions) are optional.

I18n: Then let's reword the proposed text to Surely, as a definition, this must say 'The terminology data category is used to mark terms and optionally associate them with information, such as definitions'?

(We have reduced this comment to editorial.)