Re: Comments on Charmod PR publications

* Martin Duerst wrote:
>It may "seem to imply" that iso-8859-1 is a coded character set, but
>it doesn't actually say so. If you have a proposal of how to change
>the text to avoid such an implication without making this more
>complicated for the average reader, I think the WG might be inclined
>to put it in. For example, what about

I think any text that does not refer to something that can be confused
with a character encoding scheme would be better, for example, changing

  C076 [C] Content MUST NOT use a code point for any purpose
  other than that defined by its coded character set.

  This prohibits the construction of fonts that misuse e.g.
  iso-8859-1 to represent different scripts, characters, or
  symbols than what is actually encoded in iso-8859-1.

  This prohibits the construction of fonts that misuse e.g.
  code points in the Basic Latin or Latin-1 Supplement range
  (U+0000-U+007F and U+0080-U+00FF) to represent different
  scripts, characters, or symbols than what is actually
  representable using these code points.

would satisfy me. It could also be changed to

  This prohibits the construction of content that misuses code
  points in e.g. the Basic Latin Unicode range (U+0000-U+007F)
  to represent different scripts, characters, or symbols than
  what is actually representable using these code points by
  depending on a specific incorrectly constructed font.

or something else as long as the "ISO-8859-1" bit is removed.