RE: Comment on " Authoring Techniques for XHTML & HTML Internationalization: Handling Bidirectional Text"

Hello Shoshannah,

Thanks for these comments.  See notes below...

RI

============
Richard Ishida
W3C

contact info:
http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/

W3C Internationalization:
http://www.w3.org/International/

I have removed all references to IE Mac pending a further testing.  Thanks.

> Also, Opera added support to bidi text only in version 7.20,
> and not 7.0

That is indeed indicated in the data - see for example the Opera column at
http://www.w3.org/International/geo/html-tech/outline/html-authoring-outline
.html#ri20030728.093644822

Is there a specific location you had in mind?

> Speaking of encodings- IMHO it should be mentioned that if
> you want to include Hebrew diacritics in the text, the
> encoding needs to be
> windows-1255 or utf-8, as iso-8859-8-i does not include
> diacritical marks.

Thanks. Worth noting.