Re: New Tutorial: Character sets & encodings in XHTML, HTML and CSS

Matitiahu Allouche wrote:

>9) In the table contained in section "Other Unicode characters are OK",
>LRM and RLM are commented as "Deprecated in Unicode".  I am very
>surprised.  What is the basis for such a statement?

I was surprised too and a little disappointed. I find LRM & RLM very
useful and use them often. Is there an alternative to fix the correct
rendering of punctuations between bidi texts for example? One can put
such text PLUS it's punctuation into a span element with a dir
attribute. But the rendering might not be the same (old browsers?) if
this text has to be displayed in more than one line (table cells, small
windows ...).

Salam, Najib

--
Najib TOUNSI (mailto:tounsi@w3.org)