RE: Background color of images

Hello Susan,

We discussed this comment in our Core teleconference today. In order to take a decision on this, I was actioned to ask you in what circumstanes people are likely to want to set their preferences to light on dark.

We are trying to assess the importance of undertaking this work, given our time pressures.

We also discussed that there are situations where we feel that transparency of graphics is desirable, to allow the background of the page to appear.  For instance, if we were to change the styling of our document in the future such that examples of this kind had a light coloured background.

Cheers,
RI

Richard Ishida
W3C