For 'insure' read 'ensure'

From: C. M. Sperberg-McQueen <cmsmcq@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 12:01 +0900
To: www-i18n-comments@w3.org
Cc: cmsmcq@acm.org (C. M. Sperberg-McQueen)

This is a last call comment from C. M. Sperberg-McQueen (cmsmcq@acm.org) on
the Character Model for the World Wide Web 1.0
(http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-charmod-20020430/).

Semi-structured version of the comment:

Submitted by: C. M. Sperberg-McQueen (cmsmcq@acm.org)
Submitted on behalf of (maybe empty):
Comment type: editorial
Chapter/section the comment applies to: 4.1.2 The choice of early uniform normalization
The comment will be visible to: public
Comment title: For 'insure' read 'ensure'
Comment:
In the phrase "it is insured that normalization is uniform"
I believe "insured" should be spelled "ensured".  (Usage among
native speakers of English is not completely uniform, but some
prefer to reserve the verb "insure" for financial transactions
involving payments of fees in exchange for financial protection
against risks, and to use "ensure" when the meaning is "to
make certain" or "to entail".

Structured version of  the comment:

<lc-comment
  visibility="public" status="pending"
  decision="pending" impact="editorial">
  <originator email="cmsmcq@acm.org" represents="-"
  <charmod-section href='http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-charmod-20020430/#sec-EarlyUniformNormalization'
    >4.1.2</charmod-section>
  <title>For 'insure' read 'ensure'</title>
  <description>
    <comment>
      <dated-link date="2002-07-12"
        >For 'insure' read 'ensure'</dated-link>
      <para>In the phrase "it is insured that normalization is uniform"
I believe "insured" should be spelled "ensured".  (Usage among
native speakers of English is not completely uniform, but some
prefer to reserve the verb "insure" for financial transactions
involving payments of fees in exchange for financial protection
against risks, and to use "ensure" when the meaning is "to
make certain" or "to entail".</para>
    </comment>
  </description>
</lc-comment>