Multiple inputs with identical names

From: Martin Rasmussen <mr@tmnet.dk>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:16:29 +0200
To: "www-i18n-comments@w3.org" <www-i18n-comments@w3.org>
Dear Editors,

I'm finding it a bit unclear as to wether or not the specifications allow
multiple input type-text fields to have the same name. I know it can be
done, but is according to the specifications?

The reason I ask is†that I submit a form to a servlet, which concatenates
all parameters with the same name into a commaseparated string. Thus
allowing n number of input fields. The servlet then generates a database
record, and adds the string to a†field of the same name.

Regards, Martin Rasmussen

Venlig hilsen
Martin Rasmussen
Theilgaard & Mortensen