Re: Conformance of documents using IDL attributes outside the spec

On first reflection, it seems to me than the issue of nonconformity would lie not with the document, but with any implementation which treated onpaste as an event handler in an HTML5 document.

As for the contract question, I'm not a lawyer, but it likely depends on the language of the contract.  If it merely states that the work must be a conforming HTML5 document, then it would be, but if it states that the work must do certain tasks in any conforming HTML5 implementation, then it doesn't meet that standard.