Re: The document's address

For more info on cache poisoning : http://packetstorm.igor.onlinedirect.bg/papers/general/whitepaper_httpresponse.pdf (31 pages) or https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Cache_Poisoning

"To successfully carry out such an attack, an attacker:
Finds the vulnerable service code, which allows them to fill the HTTP header field with many headers.
Forces the cache server to flush its actual cache content, which we want to be cached by the servers.
Sends a specially crafted request, which will be stored in cache.
Sends the next request. The previously injected content stored in cache will be the response to this request.
This attack is rather difficult to carry out in a real environment. The list of conditions is long and hard to accomplish by the attacker. However it's easier to use this technique than Cross-User Defacement.
A Cache Poisoning attack is possible because of HTTP Response Splitting and flaws in the web application. It is crucial from the attacker's point of view that the application allows for filling the header field with more than one header using CR (Carrige Return) and LF (Line Feed) characters."

Good conversation so far, thanks!

-Alexandre FOURNEL • Fire Starter!

-Connect with me on:
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexandrefournel