html5 input speech x-webkit -speech

From: Bernardo Reis <bernardinrp@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 18:38:32 -0300
To: www-html@w3.org

I'm devolping a web app for blind users, and I'd like to suggest that the
input for speech
(  *<input name="speechInput1" id="speechInput1" type="text" x-webkit-speech
/>*  ) be clickable with javascript, so blind users could start the
"recorder" just pressing a specific key on keyboard.

I've tried to do this with javascript without success, so I believe it's not

But, just to confirm, is there any way right now that I could use to achieve

I'm sorry if this e-mail is not for suggests or doubts.

Thanks for your time.. looking forward for an answer!

Bernardo Reis