Re: Missing Functionality: Include

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 22:40:21 +0300
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Dustin Boyd wrote:

> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 23:14, Elliot Jenner <void2258@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Coming from programming languages like C++ and Python, I naturally
>> expected that it would be similarly simple to move redundant parts
>> of the page into external files and then include them back in.

In the good old days, people used to refer to FAQs in matters like this.

> You must not have known about frames [1],

Good for him.

> This is why frames are a great tool

You are trolling ín a rather primitive manner.

The technically correct answer would be that entities offered the mechanism
of simple inclusion in HTML, but browser vendors never bothered implementing
them. Frames are a different beast, and an ugly one.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/