Re: Fwd: HTML5 and XHTML2 combined (a new approach)

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 03:24:03 +0100
To: Giovanni Campagna <scampa.giovanni@gmail.com>
Cc: www-html@w3.org

Giovanni Campagna wrote:
> Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis 1)
>> As for authors, I don't understand your concern. Authors are free to read
>> the parts of documents they are interested in, just as they are free to read
>> the documents they are interested in.
>>
> Yes, but it is easier to read only the page containing the feature I want,
> then to search an heavy and difficult document, with the features I need
> spreaded all across and concept I may not have any idea what they mean.

Although I personally find the single spec much easier to use than
having it split across several specs, or even several pages of the same
spec, since there's no need to first figure out which spec to look at
first; we do have a multipage version of the spec.  Is there any reason
why this doesn't meet your needs?

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software