Re: HTML5 and XHTML2 combined (a new approach)

Actually, only http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/ can be considered HTML5 (a
vocabulary and associated api for (X)HTML): the other are not dependent or
related to HTML (the markup language), although implemented together, and
are in scope of Web Applications WG (and are developed there).

Even the fact that you consider WebWorkers or XMLHttpRequest (or even the
WebSocket protocol) as part of HTML5 is against modularity and
extensibility: they're independent technologies with different use cases,
conformance requirements and designs. Why shouldn't I be able to use
WebSocket from a C++ application? Or use XMLHttpRequest with image/png (XHR2
of course)? Or implemnt Selectors API in a Gnome's LibXML2?

Giovanni