Re: HTML 5 and XHTML 2 combined

From: Philip TAYLOR <chaa006@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 10:17:38 +0000
To: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
CC: Molte <molte93@gmail.com>, "Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd)" <P.Taylor@rhul.ac.uk>, www-html@w3.org

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:

> 1. Processing is defined: the 'click' handler is executed first; then,
> if the default action is not cancelled, the associated form (if any) is
> submitted. The order is not defined for a element with two _default_
> functions.

But that is just a lacuna in the current specification.
There is absolutely no reason why the order of elaboration
of two default behaviours should not be both specifiable
and specified.

(Which, in passing, addresses your earlier query that
  I deferred answering; thank you for clarifying your
  intentions there).

Philip TAYLOR