Re: HTML 5 and XHTML 2 combined

Molte wrote:
> I think both languages have advantages. I'll list some of the greater
> ones (after my opinion) below.

In practice, if W3C were to insist that there were only one combined
language, it would either be essentially the same as the current HTML5,
or the non-Microsoft browser developers would develop browsers for HTML5
and W3C would produce standards which they would ignore.

That's because HTML5 is basically a creation of the mainstream browser
developers, who are looking at what the mass market and marketing
businesses want.

With the XHTML2/HTML5 split, what you may well find is that there are
companies that implement tools for using XHTML2, but they will be sold
to businesses, particularly information based ones, rather than supplied
to the general public.

(Note Microsoft do not support XHTML either, but they would rather you
used their proprietary document languages.)

--
David Woolley