Re: Cleaning House

From: Stephen Stewart <stephen.stewart@carisenda.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:21:15 +0000
Cc: www-html@w3.org
To: Tina Holmboe <tina@greytower.net>

Hi,

On 18 Nov 2008, at 02:25, Tina Holmboe wrote:

> On 18 Nov, Ian Hickson wrote:
>
>>> It'd be better if you wrote distinct, clean, specifications which
>>> separated one thing from another.
>>
>> Oh, I don't know. I've always thought indistinct, dirty, mashed-
>> together
>> specifications would be better.
>>
>> Seriously though. This kind of feedback simply isn't constructive.
>> It's
>
>  I can only express regret that you take this stance. Several times in
>  the past opinions have been raised to the effect that the
>  specification, as it is now, is too large, too unwieldy.

In that case, as a fairly typical HTML monkey, can I take this
opportunity to voice my opinion that the (current) HTML5 spec is not
too large or unwieldy. A complete a spec as possible would be my
preference, it may take a little longer to read that the others but
that's OK, that's my job.

Best regards,
Stephen