Re: Do we really need four different types of lists in XHTML 2.0?

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 09:09:57 +0200
To: Dustin Boyd <rpgfan3233@gmail.com>
Cc: www-html@w3.org

Dustin Boyd wrote:
> If I am posting to the improper list or if this is difficult to read,
> I apologize in advance.
>

> I have an informal proposal for a generic 'list' element with two
> child elements: an 'item' element and a 'label' element.

Excerpt from HTML 5 section 1.1.1:

   This specification represents a new version of HTML4 and XHTML1, along
   with a new version of the associated DOM2 HTML API. Migration from
   HTML4 or XHTML1 to the format and APIs described in this specification
   should in most cases be straightforward, as care has been taken to
   ensure that backwards-compatibility is retained.

list/item and removal of ul/dl/dl would break backwards-compatibility,
right ?

Note: "backwards-compatibility" is not defined in the spec, and one
could argue it's unclear what it really represents...

</Daniel>