Re: name="" deprecated in XHTML

From: Sebastian Mendel <lists@sebastianmendel.de>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 16:46:04 +0200
To: www-html@w3.org

Tina Holmboe schrieb:
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 04:30:20PM +0200, Sebastian Mendel wrote:
>
>>>   If the element in question is unique for the document, then ID would be
>>>   more appropriate, but if you wish to assign elements to a certain
>>>   'group' then 'class' is appropriate.
>> yes, but i am talking about the same element placed more than once in the
>> document
>
>   Then you assign those elements to one class, and manipulate the class.

yes it could be, but in my opinion this has nothing to do with classes if i
look at the definition of the term "class" in contrast to "name"

>   Is there any technical reason why that won't work?

there is no native getElementsByClass() but getElementsByName() in
JavaScript, but this is only i minor issue,

using names instead of classes seems more 'semantically' to me for in some cases

--
Sebastian Mendel