Re: XHTML Basic 1.1 and setting input field to numeric mode

 > The point is that you can use it if you want in XHTML Basic 1.1.  You
could not use it
 > at all in XHTML Basic 1.0.  So..... you're welcome!

What you seem to be unaware of is that the standard for mobile (the one
pretty much every device supports) is XHTML MP 1.0, not XHTML Basic 1.0,
and that one has supported 'style' (attribute and tag) all the way.
Anyway, sticking to MP is something I can happily do and which I will
warmly recommend to everyone in the developer community.

Migrating from XHTML 1.X to XHTML 2.0?

what I think you are missing is that XHTML 2.0 does not seem to have a
chance in heaven to replace XHTML 1.X/HTML as it is being used today.
Way too different.  Whoever builds XHTML 2.0 apps (for whatever reason)
will necessarily do it by building them from scratch, and not by
migrating existing web apps. So, what's the point in having this petty
feature creep in late versions of a completely different standard?

If you ask me, someone here isn't understanding developers.

Luca