Re: XHTML Basic 1.1 and setting input field to numeric mode

From: Luca Passani <passani@eunet.no>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 19:09:20 +0200
To: "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>
CC: www-html@w3.org

Michael(tm) Smith wrote:

> XHTML Basic 1.1 defines an "inputmode" attribute:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-basic/#s_inputmode
Thanks Michael. I was sure I had come across something like "input
mode", but I wasn't sure.

The input tag spec seems very far from what is implemented by mobile
devices today.
Will old WAP style formats be supported (albeit deprecated)?

any other comments on why the "style" attribute would be deprecated?

Luca