Re: name="" deprecated in XHTML

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis schrieb:

> Sebastian Mendel wrote:
>
>> nice to see, but i still see a difference between classes and names ...
>
> I'm confused as to what these "names" would be for. We can name
> individual elements and we can name groups of elements. What more do we
> need?

yes, you can do all the things you could do with name also with class, but
you could also do all the things you can do with class with the id

but this is not the question, i think there are more elements/attributes
which could be removed and their targeted using could be reached another way

id = unique per document, one per element
class = non-unique, more per element

name = non-unique, one per element

it is common to change classes of an element on the fly or dynamic

name shouldn't

classes are overlapping, names not

it makes things more clear

--