XHTML Access Module

From: Martin Kliehm <martin.kliehm@bluemars.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 22:28:40 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org

I'm delighted that the XHTML Access Module will fix gaps and extend

But the abstract and introduction is unclear about the actual purpose of
the module. "[It] enables a more robust accessibility model than is
presently possible" is a little vague, and "[t]his document contains a
single module designed to be used to help make XHTML-family markup
languages more effective at supporting the needs of the Accessibility
Community" is a little bumpy to read. As with any W3C specification I
would encourage you to write more readable and to the point.

Because of that I didn't get where the access element would belong, in
the head or the body of a document. Also it was unclear whether it is
intended to be used like a label element, a link element, or if it will
replace skip links.

Otherwise I don't see the rationale for the "activate" attribute, and
why the DTD comes in two packages instead of one. Why do I have to
implement the qname module and then the access module - I would expect
that implementing one access module would be sufficient while that
module takes care of including any other dependent modules?

I have blogged how I understood the intention of the new working draft
and I hope this helps to create a less ambiguous document.[1]

Thanks for your good work.

[1] http://learningtheworld.eu/2008/xhtml-access-module/