Re: Alternate version

qmpeople wrote:

> - can I write:
>  <link rel="alternate" hreflang="fr" type="text/html"
> href="http://www.qmpeople.fr/"> ?

I'm not clear what error or ambiguity in the HTML specification you are
trying to point out here.

> - can I write:
>  <link rel="alternate" hreflang="fr" type="text/html"
> href="http://fr.qmpeople.com/">
>  with a 301 redirect from http://fr.qmpeople.com

 From an HTML point of view, this is no different from the previous
example.  IETF deals with HTTP standardisation.  However, it might be
worth pointing out getting a 301 redirect should be interpreted as
meaning you need to correct the URL, so one shouldn't deliberately
design to create such redirects.  Also, one might want to consider
content negotiation.

--
David Woolley