RE: META is www-html obsolete?

From: Grant, Melinda <melinda.grant@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 03:27:50 -0000
To: "Karl Dubost" <karl@w3.org>

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your response.

> Grant, Melinda (26 oct. 2007 - 03:28) :
> > Apparently the situation is still that, although the archives are
> > publicly available, I am unable to subscribe to this list.
> (I am an
> > employee of a member company but not a member of the new html wg.)
> >
> > Is there somewhere the rationale for this in my view unfortunate
> > circumstance is documented?
>
> The process is simple and explained here
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/#join
>

> # W3C Member company employees  (Melinda, your case)
>
> 1. Use the form for getting a W3C account
>     http://cgi.w3.org/MemberAccess/AccessRequest
> 2. Have your AC representative nominate you using the form
> for joining this Working Group.
>     http://www.w3.org/Member/ACList
>     http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/40318/join

Yes, I understand the process. What I don't understand is why as an
employee of a member company and a representative to other W3C working
groups, I am unable to subscribe to the public-html list unless I join
the html WG. I don't wish to join at this point; but I would like to
subscribe to the 'public' list. I'm wondering why that's not allowed
with the list in question, as it is with other public lists...?

Best wishes,

Melinda