CURIE comments

From: Tony Hammond <tony.hammond@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 12:09:03 +0000
To: www-html@w3.org

(Am assuming this is the correct list to post some comments re CURIE
Syntax draft. If not, apologies.)

In Sect. 4 (Incorporating CURIE's into Markup Languages) wouldn't it
be appropriate to add in:

1. RDF/XML (and OK, so that's governed by XML namespaces, but nonetheless)

2. RDF N3/Turtle

Especially the latter makes extensive use of QNames/CURIEs and yet has
nothing to do with XML namespaces as such. And is a good example of a
markup language which isn't an -ML lookalike. And would also beef up
the use cases from the current three which seems a rather slender
picking.

A couple other minor notes in passing:

1. Refs I guess would be listed in alpha order in final doc.

2. In Sect 3. (Syntax), I guess the third para from end, should start

"The concatenation of the prefix value ..."

i.e. is missing the word "value".

3. Think there could be more discssion on when to use safe-curie's and when not.

Cheers,

Tony