Re: Complex Table Examples

From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 20:46:25 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org

L. David Baron wrote:
> If something is implemented and used on the Web, it should stay in
> the HTML spec.  Mark as deprecated if you want, but don't pretend

You will also have to add back things like <tab> and <link rev="made">,
which are implemented and used (Lynx implements both; I think that some
other browsers implement rev="made"), but have dropped out of the spec
(<tab> was HTML 3.0, but rev=made is mainstream).  There are probably
other things which have dropped out, but have been implemented.

In passing, it is not normal for standards to include prior versions, or
even the complete specification, and there is a difference between a
standard and an implementation.