Re: A well composed post re: HTML5 anyone heavily involved in this WG should read and keep in mind.

Henrik Lied wrote:

> I'm sorry, I must have formulated my sentences poorly. Of course,
> everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No doubt about that.
> All I'm saying is that the number of suggestions that come in are
> overwhelming, and (IMO) that's literally making the development
> slow. It's a great idea to develop this spec as a community, but
> it has (again, IMO) grown out of reasonable proportions.

I agree, which is why I earlier proposed "Moving on" that
we take a formal vote on some of the more fundemental issues.
If we could clarify how the community is split over those,
I do think it would help.

> This is where I'm in quite of a puzzle. The design philosophy behind
> this charter is (should, at least) be well known. In my opinion, when
> suggestions like implementing the INDENT element, as well as suggesting
> that DIV should be allowed inside every other element, I get a vibe that
> the person(s) responsible for those suggestion(s) haven't really
> read/understood
> that specific philosophy.
> Again, in my opinion this does nothing but slow the development down.

Yes, again I agree : if someone doesn't actually understand HTML
(from the strict syntax perspective) and proposes ideas that
are completely crazy, then those ideas need to be ditched
immediately.  There may even be a case for arguing that "invited
expert" status should be withdrawn if a contributor demonstrates
a total lack of any relevant expertise.

Thus I suspect we might well agree, but my way of expressing it
is different to yours !

** Phil.