Re: Semantics - Mystery of the Menu tag

Le 5 mai 2007 à 19:09, Philip & Le Khanh a écrit :
> Thus I believe that bullets v. numbers (or letters)
> (when correctly used) carry different semantics, and
> therefore alters the meaning of a list.

It depends on the class of products.

For a human who will get a bulleted list versus a numbered list,
there might be a different meaning. If the person is conscious that
he/she can reorder the things.

For a strict XML parser, it doesn't make any difference, because
elements are always ordered in a document. To make a difference, it
would require another level of programming for semantics
interpretation, with a benefit which is not clear.

I don't know any tools implementing the difference between the twos.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***