Re: Cleaning House

On  6 May, Murray Maloney wrote:

 [I'm combining answers]

> At 10:36 PM 5/6/2007 +0200, Tina Holmboe wrote:
>
>>   You can render en EM as polka-dotted cubes on a puke-green
>>   background, and the content will /still/ be "an emphasized term".
>
> And you can render a <i> as polka-dotted cubes on a puke-green
> background, and the content will /still/ be "an emphasized term".

  And how do you read it out loud?

  Try to read the above to someone over the phone. Just once?

> as are yelling and whispering. I also ask you to consider that <i> may be
> rendered without using an italic typeface.

  Yes, it can. And no matter how you render the I-element ...

    Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
    And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
    Signifying nothing.
          - Willam Shakespeare.

  Although I much prefer Lehrer's version.
--
 -       Tina Holmboe                           Greytower Technologies
       tina@greytower.net                      http://www.greytower.net