Re: Research for class="copyright" (was: Re: Getting beyond the ping pong match)

On Mon, 7 May 2007, Lachlan Hunt wrote:

> http://canvex.lazyilluminati.com/misc/copyright.html
>
> A quick review of the results shows that the majority of them are using
> class="copyright" for actual copyright notices.

IE 7 refuses to display the page and tells that I might need some add-on
to view it. This doesn't make a good impression if you are making an
argument about WWW authoring.

Anyway, the first example there has <span class="CopyrightText">, so it's
irrelevant in this discussion.

Next we have

Reserved. <a
href="/sectiontemplate.do?sidemenu=privacy.sidemenus§ion=privacy.home">Privacy</a>
<a
href="/sectiontemplate.do?sidemenu=termsandconditions.sidemenus§ion=terms.home">Terms

which is an example _against_ your point, since the content of the element
class="copyright" is _not_ copyright information but mixed information,
including a copyright notice as a part.

A bit later we have:

    UNLIMITED  RESIDENTIAL PLAN. NEW SUBSCRIBERS ONLY.

etc.

And we have

as well as

href="http://www.themeatrix.com/about/filmfests.html"> and
more...</a></span>

This is actually worse than I expected. I wonder why you presented this
evidence, since it clearly speaks against your point. I think there is no
need for more witnesses, and I rest my case.