Re: Support Existing Content

On  4 May, Jeff Schiller wrote:

>>   Personally I'd rather have one well-written book in grammatically
>>   correct English than a thousand and one I couldn't make heads or
>>   tail of.
>
> Your sentence ends in a preposition.  Yoink!
>
> Still think exacting, proper grammar makes communication easier?  :)

  I'd love for you to refer me to the place where I claimed to be able
  to write 100% grammatically correct English?

  Yes. I do still think that even if /I/ am not perfect.

  Feel free to snip at my grammar instead of addressing the point.

> Anyway, I never said said option a) would include books that of which
> you couldn't make heads or tails.  I only said they would include
> "some grammatical errors", clearly my mind can still understand what
> you're trying to say despite any grammatical errors.

  Let's conclude that you are smarter than the average web-browser. My
  compliments. Sadly UAs are dumb as bricks, and need a little bit of
  help in order to present information to people who, surprisingly
  perhaps, isn't accessing it quite the way imagined by the author.

  In other words: elements with semantic interpretation is /essential/
  for communication on the web because the web isn't as smart as people.
  Usually.

  One day we may have a browser who can distinguish<i>Lynx</i> from
  <i>Lynx</i> and tell us that the latter is a browser's name written in
  italics, and the former is the genus Lynx, but right now we don't
  /have/ that capability.

  Yoink.

--
 -       Tina Holmboe                           Greytower Technologies
       tina@greytower.net                      http://www.greytower.net