Re: Cleaning House

On Wednesday, May 02, 2007 7:33 pm Jim Jewett wrote:
> Accepting this sort of tag soup because of technicalities encourages
> sloppy markup in general.  Support for this sort of exception
> complicates parsers.

... and I was under the impression this was what XHTML was supposed to fix; by
forcing the XML compliance rules on the author, much better markup tends to
be produced.

Does this mean that it's out the window and authors will be able to continue
to use tag soup to the detriment of those clients that can't be expected to
handle it?