Re: Control Text-file Embedding in HTML-docs

From: Tina Holmboe <tina@greytower.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 04:34:57 +0200 (CEST)
To: www-html@w3.org

On 31 Mar, sunil vanmullem wrote:

> foo.html

  Yes. And to make absolutely certain you also reach users with UAs or
  settings or physical realities which do /not/ support the above
  pulling in, you'll need to include the HTML fragment in the main
  document.

  We are back to square one: build the /entire/ document on the server,
  and send it to the client; don't rely on mechanisms on the /client/
  for pulling in additional resources to make up a document.

  This is a server task, not a client one, arguments so far
  non-withstanding. We already have a problem with representing
  graphical content with text; let's not make it any more difficult than
  it is.

--
 -       Tina Holmboe                           Greytower Technologies
       tina@greytower.net                      http://www.greytower.net