Re: Control Text-file Embedding in HTML-docs

On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 04:05:57PM +0200, Steven Pemberton wrote:
> I have to disagree. Server-side solutions are necessary because HTML
> doesn't properly support transclusion (which is why page counts are so
> often displayed as images for instance). He is right to suggest native
> support for proper transclusion in HTML.

Page counts are so often[1] displayed as images because people want them
without wanting to invest in reasonable quality hosting or learning
how to use an SSI, and so depend on a third party.

[1] Although "often" is relative. I see these very rarely nowadays,
although they were quite common back when I first started using the
WWW (but so were Geocities and Tripod accounts).