Re: Control Text-file Embedding in HTML-docs

FWIW, in XHTML2 you can accomplish what you are looking for here with
the src attribute, which works on everything.

So, for example, you can say <p src="myStaticFile.txt" /> and viola -
your content is embedded.

See http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/mod-embedding.html#s_embeddingmodule