RE: abbr and acronym

From: Kempen, E.J.F. van <e.j.f.v.kempen@student.tue.nl>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:03:19 +0200
To: "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>, <www-html@w3.org>

> Actually the page http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/AbbrAcronym01
> (now) says:
>
> "The main problem with having only one tag concern the aural
> UA : acronyms are pronounced like word, while most abbr are
> spelled. Other abbr are a hybrid form, which are pronounced
> partly like a word and partly spelled."

I've added this sentence to point out that there are more ways to
pronounce abbreviations and that the correct prononciation isn't always
very clear, as pointed out by several other people earlier.

--
Erik van Kempen <e.j.f.v.kempen@student.tue.nl>
Student, Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands