Re: XHTML 2.0 Error Handling

Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> ...based on my
> assumption, it would be ok to include both <title> and <meta
> property="title"> in the same document.  Logically, it may not make much
> sense to do so, but that doesn't automatically make it non-conforming.

Maybe the specs should say that markup that's not explicitly
non-conforming but is contradictory with other markup or otherwise
illogical, such as [title example], should be considered non-conforming.
That would lessen my concern over there possibly being too many ways to
be non-conforming for it to be worth the effort to define and specify
agent behavior for each case. My wording would hopefully cover more than
one case.

Another widely scoped spec that would apply could be a default
precedence. In the event of a precedence issue that's not explicitly
resolved in the specs, such as [title example], the markup appearing
later will have precedence.