Re: HEAD METHOD

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 09:50:10 +0000
To: "Www-Html (www-html@w3.org)" <www-html@w3.org>

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 09:04:07AM +0530, MAPHIN PHILIP wrote:

> Can anybosy give a sample web page with head method
>
>  I want to test head method using html page

The HEAD method is a type of HTTP request, it is only tangently
related to HTML (in that HTML documents are usually accessed over
HTTP). You can make a HEAD request manually using a telnet client
pointed to port 80 on your webserver (see the HTTP spec
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616.html ) or using a program
such as "HEAD" (distributed with Perl's LWP) or Lynx (with the -head
switch).

You might also be thinking of the head element, which is a mandatory
part of any webpage in HTML 4 (the language you specified). See
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/global.html#h-7.4.1 for details.