Re: [html] Elements within "title"?

From: "Yahia C. wrote:

> What do you mean by "I don't think such emphasis should be rendered by the
> browser" ?
> Is the browser supposed to know if a text is really important or not?

I tried to cover this in a previous post...if the entire title is wrapped in
something like an em or h1 tag, the browser should probably ignore it
because to say that the entire title is worthy of emphasis, you'd need to
know the desires of the visitor. To emphasize the entire title is to make a
claim about the worth of the entire website as though visitors would agree.
It's like saying "I know my visitors want to be able to find this bookmark
more easily than others." It's totally unbelievable. If only part of the
title is emphasized, it may be a keyword that people really would want to
see before the rest of the title, or it may help the reader to read the
title with the proper inflections. This isn't really important though. It's
just things like really large text that need to be prevented.

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.