Re: Validation of script tag

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 10:30:07 +0200, Lars Kappert <larskappert@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Here's my markup (attached as well):

>   <script type="text/javascript" xml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
> xml:m="http://www.lars.com/mynamespace" id="holder">
>     // script...
>   </script>

Do you mean xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" and
xmlns:m="http://www.lars.com/mynamespace"?

If you correct those, it should validate on namespace-aware validators. If
you mean why it doesn't validate on the W3C validator (after the change
above) then the answer is because it is not yet namespace aware. I believe
the next release will be.

> Next to that, the id-attribute is not
> allowed anymore in XHTML 1.1, why is that?

You quoted the XHTML 1.1 definition:

> The XHTML 1.1 DTD (Scripting Module) states the following:
>
> <!ENTITY % script.attlist  "INCLUDE" >
> <![%script.attlist;[
> <!ATTLIST %script.qname;
>       %XHTML.xmlns.attrib;
> 	  %id.attrib;
>       charset      %Charset.datatype;       #IMPLIED
>       type         %ContentType.datatype;   #REQUIRED
>       src          %URI.datatype;           #IMPLIED
>       defer        ( defer )                #IMPLIED

%id.attribute; is the id attribute if I am not mistaken.

> Some explanation would be really appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hope this help!

Best wishes,

Steven Pemberton